Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Walking With God

January 13, 2010

Walking With God

Lord, as a woman leading in today's culture, I need your help help in renewing my mind.  Ephesians 4:23 actually commands me to "be renewed in the spirit of my mind having a fresh and spiritual attitude" (amp.)  But how do I do that?  My mind doesn't have a "clear" button I can just push each morning.  It seems that a few hours pass by in my work and I'm listening to the enemies' lies about myself and about others.

I must remind myself that to renew is not just about being optimistic and upbeat.  It's not even about trying to see things from a different angle.  You are the heartsearcher who generates new thoughts, new ideas, new inspiration.  Could that be what Paul meant when he tells me to put on my new self?  My mind is renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator (Col. 3:10).  In other words, because Christ is alive He is establishing new thoughts that did not previously exist.  Great!  Lord, I need that from you.  I invite you to breathe life into my current frame of mind.  You see what's in my frame of mind this day, even this very hour.

I see three things I could do to be renewed in the attitude of my mind.  First, I will reject all lies and pretense.  Second, I will tell the truth to the people closest to me in proximity and heart.  After all, when I lie to others, I lie to myself.  And third, I'll acknowledge my anger; I'll even let myself feel it.  But I will not let myself use it for revenge or give the enemy a foothold.  I will resolve it before bed.

Could this be your will for me this day, a way to walk with you, like Enoch, who pleased you? May my testimony before others have the same impact and may they say of me, "She walked with God" (Gen. 5:22).

"Don't become so well adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You'll be changed from the inside out.  Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it"  (Romans 12:2, msg).


2 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I love that even if I don't see you often I am able to stay connected to you through your blog. Bless you!