Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Standing Firm, Standing Still

Lord, help me to be strong in you today.  What are my misconceptions about being a strong woman of God?  How do they impact my relationships with other women?  I put on the full armor You provide, Lord.  In Your presence right now, I have some decisions to make:  The devil has a scheme to bring me down, to bring others down because of me, and to separate us from each other.  I receive the FULL armor of God so that I can stand AGAINST the enemy in my relationships.  God, You are strong and You want me strong.  It doesn’t mean You want me controlling, rigid, detached, or in all things “figured out to the max.”  Your weapons made of the best materials are what give me strength.  So today, I put them on; I stand up to everything thrown my way.

 I make another decision in Your Presence as I stand strong in You today -- I  wait for You.  When I glimpse another woman’s life, envy can so easily stab at me.  Then, I feel weak, like I gave in to something I didn’t know was in me. In putting on the armor, I am waiting for You.  Being strong in You means I pray openly, not ignoring what comes to the surface.  If I think too much about putting on these invisible pieces of armor, God, even more of my weaknesses surface.  Just feeling slighted by one can make me feel unloved by all.  Suddenly, I cannot find the strength within to cope with life’s demands.  And then I remember . . .

The unseen powers of darkness are at war and if I’m not prepared for the battles, I live defeated, struggling to stand firm. 

I put on the full armor of God by pausing in Your Presence, naming each piece as Jesus hands it to me and then I pause waiting my instructions.  As I connect with other women, I pray inwardly for them to be strong in God ~ a very real reason the armor of light exists.
Ephesians 6:10-11; Joshua 1

With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort.” I Corinthians 15:58

No comments: